2/14/08

Our Insomnia

I know I use this blog as a means to bitch about my problems a lot. But this time I actually have something good to write about. Something that made me feel good instead of bothering me and ruining my entire day. i went to bed last night a little after 12:00. And I was a little surprised to find Jen still up. She's borrowed all of the Harry Potter books from her mom and has decided to put her entire life on hold and read all of them, in succession, without stopping. She usually goes to bed early, like9:00, but apparently The Order Of The Phoenix had a firm grip on her eyelids and prevented any form of early bed time.

I got in at around 12:15 ish, and I was done. Finished. Bed is awesome. But then something happened after the lights went out that I always welcome but hadn't counted on. We started talking. Now don't get me wrong here, us talking isn't a big deal. We talk all the time. but usually when the lights go out, we want nothing to with each other. Sleep becomes the #1 priority. But last night, we talked. For over an hour. About the old days. About our friends. About Nascar. About Harry fucking Potter. And it was awesome. It was fun. We did a lot of laughing.

I feel awesome (though still sick) today as a result. She gives me a lot of shit sometimes and annoys me more than I ever thought possible. But last night I was reminded that she really is my best friend and there are a good number of things we agree upon. We both hate Valentine's day and refuse to acknowledge it, for one. We both hate hippies. At least i think Jen hates hippies. Nah, I'm sure she does. I love my wife. A lot. Nights like last night and days like today make it all worth it.

See? I'm not always sad!

1 comment:

Kat said...

And even though you hate Valentine's day, you wrote the nicest valentine I've ever seen.