Wednesday night I got in my car after work. I closed the door. I turned to my right to connect my iPod and BANG! The car shook and there was a loud bang that seemed much louder than it should have from the slight movement my car had made. I looked up and saw another car speeding up the road. The fucker that hit me. I leaned on the horn, but he didn't slow down. How could he not know he just hit someone. So I started the motor and took off after him... for about a block and a half. That's as far as I got because my left front tire was down. I got out to look at it. Huge scuff on the lower part of my fender, and the biggest cut in a tire I've ever seen. It looked like a 2" rectangular flap. Apparently the loud bang was my tire exploding. My rim was damaged too. hopefully it's not bent cause if it is... i really can't afford it.
I called the police who called AAA for me. Not that i can't change a flat myself but A) I just changed one 3 weeks ago and didn't feel like it and B) that's why we pay for AAA in the first place. The cops asked me all kinds of questions that I didn't know the answers to. What kind of car was it? Did you see the plates? What color was it? It was dark and it happened fast. The guy never slowed down, I didn't see a thing. Even when I did get my car moving for a block or so, I still never got close enough to see anything.
So when you have to park your car in the street, get as far right as you can. If your mirrors fold, fold them in! Mine was and I'd probably need a new mirror too if I would have flipped it out before I got in the car. I'm lucky I got in when I did. Another 10 seconds and who knows, I could have been hit. And it would have been HARD too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment